There is no greater pain than not being able to become a parent. Only couples who are infertile can tell you how much there are disturbed. Infertility affects every aspect of their life. It can strain one’s marriage, cause social isolation, & drain them emotionally & financially.
It’s a natural urge to have babies & when the body doesn’t cooperate, it crushes person. Most people take fertility for granted. After marriage, having baby is quit natural but for few unfortunate people it’s not so. For an infertile couple, life is shrouded with guilt, grief & shame. People around you give unhelpful advice. Many couples consider it difficult to share with anyone.
The problem of infertility is very common these days not only in India but across the world. Couples are unable to bear a child, due to some problem with the man or women or both.
Causes of infertility: Reasons behind Infertility are unhealthy lifestyle, alcohol consumption, smoking & nicotine products. Certain diseases can also affect fertility like diabetes, celiac disease, certain auto immune diseases like lupus, or genetic defects.
Male infertility can be due to:
· Polycystic ovaries
· Polyps in the uterus
· Chronic medical illness
· Malformation in uterus
· Endometriosis or fibroids
· Pelvic inflammatory disease
· A previous ectopic(tubal) pregnancy
Scar tissue or adhesions leading to tubal blockage Male infertility can be due to:
• Polycystic ovaries
• Polyps in the uterus
• Chronic medical illness
• Malformation in uterus
• Endometriosis or fibroids
• Pelvic inflammatory disease
• A previous ectopic (tubal) pregnancy
• Scar tissue or adhesions leading to tubal blockage
•Poor motility/morphology of sperm
• Low sperm count
• Erection problem
• Ejaculation problem
Many Factors contribute to the growing rate of infertility:
1. Age is a major factor. Fertility starts declining in women after the age 30 & a bigger decline the age 35.
2. Unhealthy food or adulterated food that is high in oestrogen leads to a drop in sperm count in men.
3. Polycystic ovarian syndrome in women accounts for 40% of infertility cases, Hormonal imbalance due to poor lifestyle & stress may cause major problems.
4. Sedentary lifestyle, increase lifestyle, increases in smoking & drinking habits among youngsters.
5. Couple keep delaying childbearing it becomes harder to achieve pregnancy & the percentage of infertility in the society increases.
6. Obesity, lack of physical exercise, excessive caffeine consumption accompanied by medical disorders like diabetes.
7. Reluctance among Indians to approach the doctor in good time.
8. Excessive to pollutants & other chemicals in air & food & water. Confirmation of’ infertility: If you have a hard time getting pregnant or staying pregnant or if you don’t get pregnant after 1 year or more of trying, or if you have multiple miscarriages, You should consult a fertility specialist. Treatment of’ Infertility: There are multiple treatment options available. Your doctor will recommend you the right treatment as per your infertility
Medications help stimulate the ovary to develop mature eggs for ovulation. These Medicines are generally taken from menstrual cycle days 3–7.They stimulate the ovary to grow & release an egg.
2. Insemination Intrauterine:-
insemination, also known as IUI, is a process by which sperm is washed & I prepared for placement into the uterine cavity.
3. In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) :-
IVF is a process whereby eggs are collected & then fertilized by sperm outside the body, in a laboratory. The use of IVF has grown dramatically in India. Having the experience of running the Best IVF Centre in Delhi, I suggest you see a fertility specialist together, &m follow the guidelines they give you. They can also check male for sperm health, count, & motility, & they can check females for health of the eggs. Time is an important factor in infertility cases, & once you consider something, you must not delay medical care.
Women who desire to delay their pregnancy for any reason including education, work or other reasons can consider the option of freezing their eggs for future use