ICSI is a procedure in which a sperm is directly injected into an egg under the microscope. It is used for males with low sperm count/motility/ morphology.
ICSI enables fertilization for following causes of infertility:
- ✔ Males with very low or zero sperm count or production.
- ✔ Sperm problems like poor morphology (abnormal shape) or poor motility (not moving normally).
- ✔ Failure of fertilization or an unexpectedly low fertilization rate in previous IVF.
- ✔ Males with vasectomy.
- ✔ Erection or ejaculation problems due to spinal cord injuries or diabetes etc.
- ✔ Sperm unable to penetrate through the outer layer of egg or production of antisperm antibodies.